Right here’s a script thought I’ve had of a day by day quest for gamers. Sadly I’ve not obtained my server up and operating with associates but, so I might solely check it solo on native host, I would really like some good folks to attempt it with a number of gamers to ensure the script is working effective.
Additionally I attempted to make my script as configurable as doable, to allow you to select the way you need that quest to operate.
Right here’s what presupposed to occur if the whole lot is sweet:
An NPC asks the participant to discover a particular automotive mannequin in a particular coloration and to carry it to him in trade for cash.
The participant can promote a automotive of the fitting mannequin with out the proper coloration for a decreased reward.
The search can work in 2 completely different manners, primarily based on the Config.Repeatable boolean:
-Set to ‘false’: every participant can carry out the search as soon as per server reboot, then the search disappears (for that participant solely).
-Set to ‘true’: the search may be repeated time and again, however every time a participant completes it, it randomizes the researched car and the client’s place for each participant.
Issues you possibly can simply change from the Config.lua file:
- Language (solely ‘en’ and ‘fr’ for now)
- Spawn areas for the client NPC (3 by default, you possibly can add extra)
- The car fashions requested by the NPC
- The search mode/repeatability
- Whether or not the car ought to have good well being with the intention to full the search, or if it doesn’t matter
- Whether or not you need the reward to be black cash or not
- The rewards.
What I hope works however I couldn’t actually check alone:
- Does the search actually reset for all gamers in repeatable mode as soon as a participant completes it?
- Does the search actually bear in mind all gamers who’ve accomplished it in non-repeatable mode, to forestall them from spamming it? Till the following server reboot?
- Automobiles belonging to any participant shouldn’t be accepted (checked by automotive plate in database)
- Do you prefer it?
Obtain, set up and necessities:
I’m utilizing esx capabilities, you’d in all probability want es_extended.
I take advantage of mySQL-async to test autos that belong to gamers within the owned_vehicles desk.
Like most ressources: obtain as .zip, extract it to your /ressources folder, rename to take away “-master”, and add ‘guarantee esx_carhunting” in your server.cfg file.
If the whole lot works effective and also you prefer it, you possibly can add extra problem and enjoyable to the search by including XxFri3ndlyxX’s lockpick script to have your gamers should unlock NPC vehicles.
That is my first script launch btw, I’m taking any suggestion, suggestions and good practices for the longer term, thanks!
EDIT: Did some check because of TheExiled
Identified problem: automotive request and npc location change effectively server-side upon completion in repeat mode, however doesn’t refresh client-sided.